How it benefits?
Counselling helps in dealing with anxiety, depression, grief, abuse trauma, underachievement, low self esteem, relationship / marital issues, etc.
Mode: Online Zoom Meeting
Duration: Each session 50 mins
Course: 10 – 15 weekly sessions
Eligibility: Anyone who enrolls
Fee: Ranges between Rs. 500 to Rs. 2000 per Session
Psychologist: K L Niharika
What is the procedure to take Counselling ?
2. You will receive mail with fee details
Fee ranges between Rs 500 to Rs 2000 per session.
You will be asked to submit some additional income details and we will calculate your affordability. You will be charged accordingly. Or else you can directly pay Rs 2000 per session without submitting income details.
3. Make fee payment
Gpay to +91 8790809892
Transfer to Account Number: 916010025754004
IFSC code: UTIB0000361
Name: K Lalitha Niharika
Bank: Axis Bank
Are the sessions private and confidential?
Counselling sessions are private. Information that you provide to counsellor will be kept confidential. Confidentiality rule would be broken under 4 circumstances
- If you are a minor and got stuck in problems such as sexual abuse, drug addiction, porn addiction, etc, which can harm you severely, your care giver will be informed about your situation to protect you.
- If you are suicidal your trusted contact will be informed about that. If needed, suicide helpline also will be contacted.
- If you have intention of harming others, information will be passed on to your trusted contact first and then to legal authorities in case if that action is needed.
- If you are in a legal issue, and court demands, counsellor has to reveal information that you have shared during counselling.
How to cancel / reschedule counselling session and get fee refund?
You will receive links to reschedule or cancel session in the booking confirmation mail. If you cancel or reschedule online or request counsellor to cancel / reschedule at least 1 hr before commencement of session, your fee money will be refunded.
How many sessions do I need to take?
Generally, client needs to take 15 to 20 weekly sessions followed by 10 to 15 monthly sessions (for follow up). Requirement varies from person to person.
Seeking help from Psychiatrist or Psychologist or Suicidal Helpline, which is the right option for me?
If you are seeing people who do not exist or listening voices / you lost control over your actions / you are suspicious / you are getting obsessive thoughts and doing unwanted actions / if you are acting impulsively / if you have family history / your physical symptoms are severe / if you are not in a position of reading and processing information, you will have to visit psychiatrist and get medical treatment. Counselling cannot help you to deal with your issues, however, counselling can provide addon support in such cases.
If you are able to function and control your actions / able to read and process information / doing self work and getting insights / you are a thinker, then counselling can help you in dealing with your issue.
Psychiatrist gives you medicines and you will get immediate relief. Counselling is a long process that demands long term commitment, patience and effort.
How efficient is counselling?
It depends on the
1. Commitment, patience levels of client
2. Competency of the counsellor
3. Compatibility between client and counsellor
What to do if I don’t get results?
First check if you are putting efforts or not. If there is no mistake from your side and still you are not getting results, that means, either (1) your counsellor is not competent, or (2) you and your counsellor are incompatible. Inform the counsellor and go to another counsellor. Keep changing and trying new counsellors, but do not quit the process of counselling.
What is expected from me as a client?
As a client, you will have to
1. Take counselling sessions on a regular basis
2. Do assignments given by counsellor
3. If you fail in doing assignments, discuss about your problem with counsellor
4. Be honest and open.
What are the rules that I have to follow as a client?
1. Do not try consciously to make friendship / establish any kind of relation with counsellor. Be in your boundaries. (This is different from developing feelings for counsellor. It is obvious that you will feel something about counsellor. However, you will have to discuss about that with counsellor and not make any conscious decision to cheat and establish different relation with counsellor by keeping her/him in dark)
2. Do not use any abusive words during counselling.
3. Do not think that you are buying a person for 1 hour and you can talk whatever you want. You are hiring someone to ask professional help.
Are there any chances that counsellor would reject me as a client?
Counsellor would reject your case if he/she figures out that you have started taking counselling with a inappropriate intention. I.e., you want to change / manipulate / control / blame someone else by learning Psychology principles and your motive is not to help yourself, you will be rejected.
In other cases, like when you are not compatible / not suitable to counselling, you will be referred to psychiatrist or other psychologist, but you will not be directly rejected.
How stigma affects client’s who are in need of counselling?
Stigma operates in the form of following beliefs
1: Counselling helps only people with severe mental health disorders
2: Those who go to counselling are mad
3: I don’t need counselling because I don’t have severe problems
4: I can solve problems on my own
5. Why counselling when I have good friends?
6. Sharing family secrets with an outsider is a stupid act
Truth is, counselling helps client in building self awareness. There is no other way to learn skills and techniques that a client learns during counselling. Every individual, irrespective of whether he/she had problems or not, has to learn self help techniques and work on self awareness.
Counselling is neither friendship nor support. It is a professional service. Counsellor is an objective person who has lots of subject knowledge and learned so many practical techniques by undergoing training. Can a family member do surgery? Can anyone do his/her own surgery? In the same way, only counsellor can help client in resolving core conflicts but not others.